Qingdao generator rental center talks about why the generator is hot?
Generators have gradually entered people's lives, and often encountered some problems, such as generator heat, so what causes this phenomenon? Today, the generator rental editor will introduce:
(1) The generator does not operate according to the prescribed technical conditions. For example, if the stator voltage is too high, the iron loss will increase; if the load current is too large, the stator winding copper loss will increase;
If the frequency is too low, the speed of the cooling fan will be reduced, which will affect the heat dissipation of the generator; if the power factor is too low, the excitation current of the rotor will increase, causing the rotor to heat up. Check whether the monitoring instrument indicates normal. If there is any abnormality, necessary adjustments and treatments shall be made to make the generator run according to the specified technical conditions.
(2) The three-phase load current of the generator is unbalanced, and the overloaded single-phase winding is overheated;
If the difference between the three-phase currents exceeds 10% of the rated current, it is a serious DC imbalance. Unbalanced three-phase currents will generate negative sequence magnetic fields, increase losses, and cause components such as pole windings and ferrules to heat up. Adjust the three-phase load so that the current of each phase is as balanced as possible.
(3) The air duct is blocked by dust, the ventilation is poor, and the generator is difficult to dissipate heat. Remove dust and oil from the air duct to make the air duct unobstructed.
(4) The intake air temperature is too high or the intake water temperature is too high, and the cooler is blocked. Reduce the air inlet or water temperature to eliminate blockage of the cooler. Before troubleshooting, limit the load on the generator to reduce the temperature of the generator.
(5) When too much or too little bearing grease is added, it should be added according to regulations, generally 1/2 to 1/3 (low speed upper limit, high speed lower limit) of the bearing chamber, and preferably not more than 70% of the bearing chamber.
Generator rental manufacturer
(6) Bearing wear. When the wear is not serious, the bearing will overheat locally; when the wear is serious, it will cause friction between the stator and the rotor, which will cause the stator and rotor to overheat. Check the bearings for noise. If there is any friction between the stator and the rotor, stop the machine for maintenance or replace the bearing immediately.
(7) The stator core insulation is damaged, resulting in short circuit between pieces, which increases the eddy current loss and heat generation of the core, and damages the stator winding in severe cases. Stop the machine for maintenance immediately.
Regular inspection of the generator is also a guarantee of our own life safety.